PCI recently introduced a hermetic (air-tight) storage system in India in association with GrainPro®, Inc. USA. This storage system can be used for medium and long term storage needs and eliminate the use of fumigants or chemicals.
- Natural unpolluted environment in the bag.
- UV resistant PVC membranes prevent light damage and are air-tight.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors.
Since an airtight cocoon is created with this technology, GrainPro® bags can also serve to preserve heirloom fabrics and other valuables that are very sensitive to oxygen damage.
Can be used for medium and long term storage needs and eliminate the use of fumigants or chemicals.
- Capacity ranges from 5 metric tonnes to 1000 tonnes.
- 100 Kg bags also available.
- Specially designed bags for shipping containers available.
In recent years, the speciality coffee market has begun to utilize enhanced storage method. A gas barrier liner to jute bags, most commonly the GrainPro® SuperGrain bag, is now commonly used to preserve the quality of green coffee.